BULLHORN / LOUDSPEAKER EMULATION
Megaphone is a plugin that emulates an amplified bullhorn / PA loudspeaker.
It features two loudspeaker emulations (Mode I and Mode II), feedback control (slapback echo), and a noise section.
Megaphone can be used to make any audio source sound as if it’s being played by a bullhorn.
The feedback section is essentially a slapback effect. When using megaphones, the output of the loudspeaker can be captured again by the input microphone, introducing a delay/reflection and the usual feedback tones (those can be triggered with high gain sources and feedback amount higher than 50%).
The megaphone noises can be enabled by the Trigger button. There are two types of noise: Button and Burst. You can balance the mix between the two noises with the Source parameter.
The button noise is the noise made by clicking on the megaphone button to enable its microphone.
The burst is the typical background noise of the loudspeaker.
If the envelope is enabled, the Burst noise will follow the transients of the input signal.
Try Megaphone for free with some limitations: silence for 3 seconds every 45 seconds, saving disabled.
If you like it, you can purchase a license and then authorize the demo version.
macOSRequires macOS 10.7 or higher
AU, VST2, VST3, AAX (64bit only)
WindowsRequires Windows 7 or higher
VST2, VST3, AAX (64bit only)
- 2 Loudspeaker emulations
- Overdrive + Bandwidth control
- Feedback / Slapback
- Preset system with randomizer
Windows 7, 8, 10
2GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, or AAX (64-bit)
OS X 10.7 – macOS 10.15
2GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX (64-bit)
To activate your plugin you can choose between Online and Offline authorization.
Create an account, log in through the plugin to activate, or download your license file for offline activation.
Simple Activation1 license activates up to 3 computers
No iLokWe don't like dongles
No ConnectionNo connection required to activate
– Fixed: VST3 UI issue on Windows with scaling over 100%
– Fixed: Conflicts with older AudioThing plugins
– Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support
– Added: Parameter Lock
– Added: Edit Value option for Knobs
– Added: Notification System
– Improved: CPU and memory usage
– Fixed: DSP not updating properly on some presets
– Fixed: Minor graphics issues when closing multiple plugins
– Added: VST3 plugin format
– Added: Online Authorization Form
– Added: Noise Source Parameter
– Added: Global option – Resizable Window
– Improved: New GUI with support for Retina/HiDPI displays
– Fixed: MAC with High Sierra (APFS) presets scrambled
– Fixed: Bypass noise in Pro Tools