VST / AU / AAX
Outer Space is a faithful emulation plugin of a famous vintage tape echo made in the early seventies. As the original unit, Outer Space features an echo section with three playback heads and a spring reverb tank.
We have modelled three different tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording/playback.
We’ve also modelled the ballistic response of the delay rate (repeat rate) which can create eerie pitch shifts (due to the Doppler effect), one of the classic tape echo-based sound effects.
Vintage Tape Echo
3 Tape modes: Original, Modern, Old
Spring Reverb (with short/long Decay)
Background Noise with Envelope
Oversample up to 16x
Preset system with randomizer
Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
Platforms: OSX, Windows
Download Manual (.pdf)
In demo mode the plug-in will output silence for 3 seconds every 45 seconds.
Windows XP SP2 / OSX 10.7
Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
2 GB RAM / 500 MB HD
Screen resolution: 1024×768
VST2, AU, or AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
– Added: Wet Only Lock function
– Fixed: Mode selector showing wrong value when automated
– Fixed: WaveLab issue with Synced presets
– Fixed: Pro Tools 12.7.1+ CPU bug
– Fixed: Bypass Automation CPU bug
– Added: Reverb DSP switches off when Reverb Volume is set to 0 (to save CPU)
– Fixed: Offline Rendering bug on some hosts
– Fixed: Feedback loop not clearing properly on some hosts
– Fixed: Dry leaking into Reverb section
– Fixed: GUI keyboard focus error (especially the Return key)
– Added: Delay now clears the feedback loop after playback restarts
– Added: Drop-down menu for synced values
– Added: You can now click on the Mode dial values to change mode
– Fixed: Pro Tools bug where Heads values were not recalling correctly on saved projects
– Fixed: Noise and Intensity Random Lock
– Added: Bypass button will clear the feedback loop
– Added: Loading presets will also clear the feedback loop
– Fixed: Oversampling bug in Wavelab 9
– Fixed: WOW/Flutter not working in Sync
– Fixed: Treble knob bug (was engaged even at 0)
– Fixed: Minor GUI issues
Outer Space is not affiliated with, sponsored, nor endorsed by Roland.