OVERDRIVE WITH SPEAKER EMULATION
Speaker is a simple overdrive effect with speaker emulation. It also features a fixed compressor, gain stage and mix knob. Speaker can be used to make any audio source sound as if it’s being played on an old radio. It can also be used to emulate a cheap guitar cabinet or to give harshness to any sound.
“Speaker delivers an excellent overdrive and/or speaker simulation effect that is perfect for giving guitars a cheap catalogue cabinet crunch and vocals an old time radio effect.”
Gearslutz. Web forum for audio recording engineers and self recording musicians.
“AudioThing’s cheery little gadget gets everything right, and is one you’ll find yourself reaching for time and time again as both a quick fix for overly clean instrumentation and an overt special effect. 9/10”
Computer Music Magazine. The world’s best selling magazine dedicated to making great music with your Mac or PC.
Try Speaker for free with some limitations: silence for 3 seconds every 45 seconds, saving disabled.
If you like it, you can purchase a license and then authorize the demo version.
macOSRequires macOS 10.7 or higher
AU, VST2, VST3, AAX (64bit only)
WindowsRequires Windows 7 or higher
VST2, VST3, AAX (64bit only)
- 3 Speaker emulations: bass, mid, high
- Overdrive with Gain stage
- Fixed Compressor
- Preset system with randomizer
Windows 7, 8, 10 (64 bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, or AAX, 64-bit host
OS X 10.7 – macOS 10.15
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX, 64-bit host
To activate your plugin you can choose between Online and Offline authorization.
Create an account, log in through the plugin to activate, or download your license file for offline activation.
Simple Activation1 license activates up to 3 computers
No iLokWe don't like dongles
No ConnectionNo connection required to activate
– Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support
– Added: Parameter Lock
– Added: Edit Value option for Knobs
– Added: Notification System
– Improved: Partial support for retina displays
– Fixed: Logic Pro random bug when recalling a saved project
– Added: Online Authorization Form
– Added: Oversample up to 16x
– Added: VST3 plugin format
– Added: Smoothed bypass
– Added: Soft limiter
– Added: Preset Copy/Paste to/from Clipboard
– Added: Global option – Resizable Window
– Added: 5 New Presets
– Improved: Compressor Algorithm
– Fixed: Pro Tools stepped automation bug
– Fixed: Gain inconsistencies when changing samplerate
– Fixed: Bypass button state
– Added Oversample option (2x and 4x)
– Added L+R to Mono mode
– Speaker models can now be selected by clicking on the labels/LEDs