Microphone and Speaker Simulations
Speakers is a plugin effect designed to emulate a wide range of loudspeakers and microphones using our state-of-the-art convolution engine.
Shape any sound like it’s being played by an old telephone, radio, or classic cabinet; or shape it like it’s being recorded by a vintage ribbon microphone or even a toy recorder.
Speakers features a freely configurable effects chain, comprising compression, distortion, and filtering, as well as an array of looping background noises for setting the sound in a variety of environments.
Speakers is a zero-latency* post-production dream plugin. No iLok or any other dongle required!
- 55 speakers: cabinets, devices, phones, radios, speakers, toys
- 32 microphones: condensers, dynamics, phones, ribbons, and more
- 18 distortion/degradation algorithms: from carbon mic overdrive to GSM interference
- 42 background noises: devices, places, organic, and more
Tape Player C1
Tape Recorder 1
Tape Recorder 2
Speak and Spell
Toy Mic 1
Toy Mic 2
EMI / HMV
GK Type 1492
Marconi Type B
The Routing panel enables limitless reordering of Speakers’ signal flow. To move a module, simply drag it left or right. The Input module marks the point at which the source signal enters the signal path, disregarding everything to the left. This can be useful for, for example, having the Noise pass through certain modules prior to being joined by the input signal further down the path.
- Rearrange the modules with a simple drag and drop
- Disable a module with CMD or CTRL + Click.
- Change the Input position, make sure the lock is open by clicking on it.
Clicking the spanner button at the top left of either panel reveals a five-band EQ – low and high shelves and three parametric bands – for shaping the frequency response of the Microphone and Speaker emulations.
Drag the nodes around to set band frequencies and gains, scroll the mousewheel over a node to tweak the Q, double click to reset the band.
Distortion / Degradation
Try Speakers for free with some limitations: limited selections of speakers and microphones, silence for 3 seconds every 2 minutes, saving disabled.
It’s not possible to authorize the demo version, you’ll find the full version installer in your user area.
- 55 Speakers
- 32 Microphones
- 18 Distortion/degradation algorithms
- 42 Background noises (190MB)
- EQ, Compressor, Multimode Filter
- Flexible Routing
- Zero Latency* / Ultra Low CPU
- Multi-language support (beta)
- Resizable Window
- Preset system with randomizer
Windows 7, 8, 10
2GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, or AAX (64-bit)
OS X 10.9 – macOS 11
2GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX (64-bit)
Universal 2 Binary
To activate your plugin you can choose between Online and Offline authorization.
Create an account, log in through the plugin to activate, or download your license file for offline activation.
Simple Activation1 license activates up to 3 computers
No iLokWe don't like dongles
No ConnectionNo connection required to activate
* Speakers features our state-of-the-art convolution engine with zero latency. However, the Robotization and Quantization degradation algorithms will introduce some latency (based on the FFT size parameter).
– Added: macOS 11 Big Sur support (Universal 2 Binary)
– Added: 5 speaker models (Computer II, Computer ZX, Retro Portable, TV 2, VL Tone)
– Added: Support for multi-language (beta)
– Improved: VoIP algorithm stability and sound
– Improved: GUI and loading time
– Fixed: Init preset not loading correctly when adding the plugin for the first time
– Fixed: Logic Pro random crash when loading a saved project
– Fixed: Rendering Offline silence on first load for batch processing
– Fixed: Activation Issue on some DAWs
– Added: 3 speaker models (Tape Player C1, Telephone Dialler, Microcassette Recorder)
– Added: 2 mic models (GDM 15, Toy Mic 2)
– Added: 3 degradation algorithms (Radio Gate, VoIP, Warble)
– Added: 4 background noise (Tape Recorder, Fans, Vinyl 1, Vinyl 2)
– Added: Pitch and Balance controls for the background noises
– Added: Noise Envelope Attack and Release Controls
– Added: Option to load models inside the Audio Thread (potentially fixing offline rendering issues)
– Added: Light and Dark UI mode
– Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI
– Improved: macOS CPU usage
– Improved: Envelope labels are now clickable
– Fixed: Ableton Live 10 crashing when loading a project with VST3 and Robotization or Quantization effect enabled
– Fixed: Rendering Offline issue while there’s a Speaker or Mic Type automation
– Fixed: Parameter locks not recalling properly when loading saved projects
– Added: Global Setting to switch from Dry/Wet to a single Mix control
– Improved: Minor graphic glitches
– Fixed: Ribbon Microphones not loading properly in the DEMO version