DYNAMIC DUAL WAVESHAPER
Wave Box is a dynamic dual waveshaper plugin that can be used for both symmetrical and asymmetrical distortion. A waveshaper is a type of distortion in which the input signal is mapped to the output by applying a fixed or variable shaping function.
Wave Box features two separate waveshapers that can be mixed together while being modulated by 2 LFOs and 1 Envelope Follower. You can design your own waveshaping curves by combining and adjusting 12 pre-defined functions (tanh, erf, sinh, sin, linear, abs, invert, floor, round, ceil, gauss 1, gauss 2).
Wave Box can range from mild tube-flavoured overdrive to extreme digital harshness.
SYMMETRICAL VS ASYMMETRICAL
When a shaping function is applied equally to both the positive and negative part of the signal (symmetrical waveshaping), odd harmonics are generated. Instead, when a shaping function is applied only to either the positive or the negative part (asymmetrical waveshaping), even harmonics are generated.
In Asymmetrical Mode (± on), the first shaping function is applied to the positive part while the second shaping function is applied to the negative. The Bias, in this case, controls an offset added between the positive and negative part of the signal.
In Symmetrical Mode (± off), both shaping functions are applied to the whole signal. The Bias, in this case, controls the mix between the two functions.
“Wave Box not only sounds wicked but also demonstrates impressive versatility, despite its apparently straightforward architecture. 9/10”
Computer Music Magazine. The world’s best selling magazine dedicated to making great music with your Mac or PC.
“Recommended for: any electronic musician, producer or mixing engineer looking for a plug-in to add some extra edge to their sounds or mangle them to oblivion in a straightforward way. 4.5/5”
Gearslutz. Web forum for audio recording engineers and self recording musicians.
Wave Box DEMO
Try Wave Box for free with some limitations: silence for 3 seconds every 45 seconds, saving disabled.
If you like it, you can purchase a license and then authorize the demo version.
macOSRequires macOS 10.7 or higher
AU, VST2, VST3, AAX (64bit only)
WindowsRequires Windows 7 or higher
VST2, VST3, AAX (64bit only)
- 2 Waveshapers
- 12 Shaping Functions
- 2 LFOs
- Envelope Follower
- Filter (LP, BP, HP, Notch)
- Oversample up to 16x
- Preset system with randomizer
Windows 7, 8, 10
2GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, or AAX (64-bit)
OS X 10.9 – macOS 11
2GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX (64-bit)
Universal 2 Binary
To activate your plugin you can choose between Online and Offline authorization.
Create an account, log in through the plugin to activate, or download your license file for offline activation.
Simple Activation1 license activates up to 3 computers
No iLokWe don't like dongles
No ConnectionNo connection required to activate
– Added: 2 New Shaping Functions (gauss 1, gauss 2)
– Added: Soft Clipper
– Added: macOS 11 Big Sur support (Universal 2 Binary)
– Added: Light and Dark UI mode
– Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI
– Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users
– Improved: GUI size and loading time
– Fixed: LFO Waveforms selection (square and ramp down)
– Added: New Filter Section (LP, HP, BP, Notch)
– Added: 4 New Shaping Functions (erf, abs, invert, ceil)
– Added: 5 New Modulation Destinations (cutoff, resonance, input, mix, output)
– Added: 25 New Presets
– Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support
– Added: VST3 plugin format
– Added: Parameter Lock
– Added: Edit Value option for Knobs
– Added: Notification System
– Added: Online Authorization Form
– Added: Global option – Resizable Window
– Improved: New GUI with support for Retina/HiDPI displays
– Improved: CPU and memory usage
– Fixed: Minor graphic issues in some automations
– Fixed: Hard Clip aliasing bug
– Fixed: Ceiling behaviour in Asymmetrical mode