Hi Hats and Cymbals synthesizer
Hats is a drum synthesizer plugin dedicated to hi hats and cymbals sounds.
It features two independent sources: synthesized noise and sample section. Instead of generic white or pink noise, the noise section features 6 square wave oscillators with different pitches and phases, like the famous TR808. The result is a noise sound with a controllable metallic character.
The factory bank comes with more than 50 samples, ranging from rare analog drum machines to real acoustic hi hats and cymbals. Some of the samples were also processed with a classic Aphex Aural Exciter and recorded to tape with a vintage Revox B77 MkII.
Both sources can then be processed with 4 effects: Ring Modulator, Bit Crusher, Filter, and Reverb. The effects can also be arranged in any order with a simple drag and drop. The filter section features a HighPass and BandPass in series; both filters are 12dB/oct.
Samples and more
“A powerful option for electronic hi-hats, cymbals and FX. Dedicated to the creation of hi-hat and cymbal sounds, AudioThing’s new instrument combines a synthesised noise generator with a sample layer, each offering its own set of parameters, and a bank of four effects for processing their mixed output.
Computer Music Magazine. The world’s best selling magazine dedicated to making great music with your Mac or PC.
Try Hats for free with some limitations: silence for 3 seconds every 45 seconds, saving disabled.
If you like it, you can purchase a license and then authorize the demo version.
- Two Sources: synthesized noise and custom sample
- 55 Samples / 80 Presets
- Ring Modulator, Bit Crusher, Reverb, Filter (SVF/ZDF)
- Preset system with randomizer
Windows 7, 8, 10
2GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, or AAX (64-bit)
OS X 10.7 – macOS 10.15
2GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX (64-bit)
To activate your plugin you can choose between Online and Offline authorization.
Create an account, log in through the plugin to activate, or download your license file for offline activation.
Simple Activation1 license activates up to 3 computers
No iLokWe don't like dongles
No ConnectionNo connection required to activate
– Added: New Presets / Samples
– Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support
– Added: VST3 plugin format
– Added: Parameter Lock
– Added: Edit Value option for Knobs
– Added: Notification System
– Added: Online Authorization Form
– Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users
– Improved: New GUI with support for Retina/HiDPI displays
– Improved: CPU and memory usage
– Fixed: Minor graphic issues in some automations
– Added second sample slot
– Added Autoplay feature
– Added new LFO destination: Ring Mod Depth