miniBit is an 8-bit/chiptune style synthesizer plugin that emulates the sound of 80s game consoles and retro computers.
It features a main oscillator with 18 waveforms paired with a sub oscillator (a square wave pitched one octave below). The waveforms are not bandlimited and will produce aliasing. Furthermore, using the built-in bitcrusher, you can create even more noisy and retro sounds. The new version also features a synced 8 Steps Stepper/Sequencer with multiple destinations.
From noisy, snare-like steps to ambient subs, miniBit has many uses beyond what one expects from a chip tune synth.
miniBit was inspired by the sound of classic game consoles and retro computers of the 80s and 90s. Same of the waveforms were carefully created and edited with an Amiga 1200, while others were meticulously recreated from the sounds of the best classic games that we have collected over the years.
miniBit features an 8 steps sequencer that can be used to automate several parameters: pitch, volume, cutoff, resonance, waveform, and downsampling.
Sequencing the waveforms will generate sounds reminiscent of early trackers and wavetable synthesizers.
Each track can also be randomized using the dice buttons on the right.
- 18 Waveforms + Sub Oscillator
- Poly and Mono mode with Glide
- 2-poles LowPass/HighPass Filter
- Pitch and Volume Envelopes
- Delay and BitCrusher effects
- LFO with multiple destinations
- Volume and Pitch Envelopes
- 8 Steps Stepper with multiple destinations
- 128 Presets + Preset randomizer
Windows XP SP2, 7, 8, 10 (32/64 bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, or AAX, 32-bit or 64-bit host
OS X 10.7 – macOS 10.13
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM
VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX, 32-bit or 64-bit host
– Added: Pitch Envelope
– Added: 3 New Waveforms
– Added: LFO wave “Ramp Up”
– Added: Sub Osc Tune
– Added: 75+ New Presets
– Added: VST3 plugin format
– Added: Global option – Resizable Window
– Fixed: Bypass noise in Pro Tools
– Improved: Redesigned GUI
– Improved: Stability and CPU usage
– Improved: LFO sync
– Improved: Delay parameter smoothness
– Improved: Preset Browser with sub-categories
– Improved: MIDI Learn
– Fixed a bug causing some saved projects to crash on loading
– Improved CPU optimization
– Added HighPass filter
– Fixed stepper sync problems when changing project sample rate
– Added Stepper with multiple destinations
– Added 3 new Waveforms
– Added 20 new Presets (thanks to Frank „Xenox“ Neumann / Particular – Sound)
– Fixed silence in Mono instance